Most people have heard of deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving but have never tried it. There are a few perks to deep frying your turkey this year. Not only does it give you moist meat but the cooking time is cut drastically. However, deep frying your turkey isn’t something that should be taken lightly since if not done properly it can put you, your home, and your family in danger. Here are a couple of tips to help you have a safe Thanksgiving:
- Make sure that you have a full Class K fire extinguisher in reach at all times.A Class K extinguisher is specifically made to put out cooking oil and fat fires.
- Always read the instruction manual before using a deep fryer. If after reading the instructions you don’t feel comfortable using the deep fryer, DON’T!
- Find a flat dirt or grass area to set up the deep fryer; Wood can easily burn or char and concrete can get stained from the oil.
- Make sure that you are a safe distance from your home and there are no over hangs or hanging branches that could possibly catch on fire if there is an accident.
- Before turning on the deep fryer make sure that there are no leaks in the gas lines or valves.
- Once you get the fryer up to temperature it is time for the turkey; make sure that the turkey is completely thawed and dried.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP: NEVER LEAVE A FRYER UNATTENDED!
Everyone here at Pro Edge Property Management wishes you and your family a happy and safe Thanksgiving this year.